There are so many options when it comes to fifth wheel RVs that it can be difficult to pick out the perfect one for you. If you’re considering a luxury fifth wheel then you have more than likely come across Grand Design Solitude, Keystone Montana, Alliance Paradigms and probably even the Jayco North Point. So many options!
I’ve been selling campers for years now and I’ve had several folks come into the dealership sure they want one fifth wheel who happily walk away with a different one that’s a better fit for them. With so much to learn about RVs, it’s hard to know what you don’t know about each fifth wheel line.
I am here to provide a clear understanding of Jayco North Point fifth wheels so you’ll know if Jayco North Point is the right fifth wheel to jumpstart your RV adventures.
What is the Jayco North Point
The North Point is the less expensive luxury fifth wheel in the Jayco Luxury lineup.
North Point RVs are classy fifth wheels with a taste of modern touches. Exquisite is a good word, but also kind of an “I’m formal . . . but I’m here to party” look. The modern black, white, and gray color is very appealing to a wide audience.
How Much Does a North Point Cost?
A new Jayco North Point ranges from $69,000 – $175,000.
A used North Point ranges from $38,000 – $100,000, depending on its age and condition.
What Features are Available for a Jayco North Point?
Every North Point comes with three packages: The Customer Value package, North Point Luxury package, and 5-star Handling package.
Customer Value Package includes:
- 2 AC units with 15,000btu – Both ACs run on the Whisper Quiet air system which makes the AC units up to 40% quieter.
- The Keyed Alike system: All doors and locks use one key, so you’re not carrying around an oddly large keychain just for your RV.
- Rooftop/Side solar prep so you can link up a suitcase solar panel or add permanents on the roof.
- Refrigerator temp sensors connected to JAYCOMMAND can alert you through your phone if your fridge goes out!
- A homey RV isn’t homey without a KING SIZE bed. With a 72×80” bed you will feel right at home.
- Plus more!
North Point Luxury Package includes:
- 6 point hydraulic auto leveling system to keep you more comfortable.
- The Jaycommand System: This allows you to control most of your RV (slides, awnings, lights with dimming and read temperatures) from the tablet or your smartphone.
- Central Vacuum System: Cleaning up the floor and under belly storage is always simple.
- Residential Style Features: Feel like you’re at home with a residential sized fridge, stove/oven, microwave and walk in shower. PLUS, you’ll have hard surface countertops—now you won’t even miss your home!
- Bamboo sink cover and strainer.
- And more!
5-Star Handling Package includes:
- 17.5” custom machined wheels paired with H rated Uniroyal tires (55,000 treadwear warranty, speed rated to 130 mph) make for a smooth riding coach that can move faster and further without tire problems.
- A smoother ride: MORryde rubber pin box reduces what people call ‘chucking and bucking’ when pulling down the road. Paired with the dexter axles, Nev-R-Adjust brakes, E-Z lube hubs, 4,000lb leaf springs, MORryde’s LRE-4000 rubberized suspension, wet bolt fasteners and bronze bushings . . .you are guaranteed to have a smooth riding coach going down the road!
- And more!
Read complete list of packages and features!
Jayco North Point Interior Features
- LED fireplaces
- Hardwood finishes, solid surface countertops, residential stove/oven, residential fridge, 30” residential microwave
- 4k Smart LED TV
- Home entertainment system
- Bathroom with teak wood shower seat – 300lb weight capacity
- king bed
- Drinking water system
- Day and night shades
- Central vacuum system
Jayco North Point Exterior Features
- 2 – 15,000 BTU ACs, prepped for 3rd
- 6pt hydraulic leveling system
- MORryde entry steps with strut
- MORryde rubber pin box for a smoother ride
- Custom machined aluminum rims
- Outdoor Kitchens on Select Models
- JayVoice: Talk to your fifth wheel and give it commands!
- JayCommand: BT service, control with your phone
- Solar Options:
- Overland II
- Overland IV
- Overland EXT
*See full list features*
Jayco North Point Options
Be sure you know what options you want on your RV before you complete the purchase. Added options from the factory are typically much less expensive than having your dealer or a service center add them on later. There are no full body paint options for a North Point like there are for Jayco’s other luxury fifth wheel, the Pinnacle. You get one exterior design for the North Point, and that’s final. Fortunately, it’s a great exterior–they got this one right!
More options include:
- Decor Options (Classic Cottage, Modern Farmhouse)
- Solar Options , Overland II, IV
- Extreme weather package (120 volt heat pads, holding and fresh tanks, 12v electric water line wrap, interior illuminated switch)
- Dual pane Tinted Safety Glass Windows – for more insulation value
- 5500 Watt Onan Microquiet Generator
- Truma On Demand Water Heater
- 360 degree security kit with 7” monitor
- 3rd AC
- 20cu ft 12v fridge
- Generator prep with 120lb max LP system
- Tailgate TV: 39” TV In Cargo Area
- Sani-con Turbo Waste Management System
- And other options that available for certain floorplans
See Brochure for more details!
Jayco North Point Floorplans
There are a total of 7 floorplans within the Jayco North Point line. Consisting of 4 couple’s coaches and 3 bunk house style floorplans.
Jayco Construction Quality
Jayco is known for the high quality construction of their RVs.
Jayco takes their frames a step further by using Custom frames. Each Jayco RV has its own custom-sized frame, eliminating modifying and welding that would otherwise compromise the foundation.
Jayco’s fifth wheel frames use more full-width outriggers in more locations than other manufacturers. These are spaced a minimum of 48” apart for better support of wall weight, creating an even stronger foundation for the RV.
Jayco’s Magnum truss roof system can hold up to 4500 lbs of pressure. This protects your RV from heavy snow loads, falling debris and trees, and makes it fully walkable for maintenance or even lounging out! Heck, you can even throw a party up there—but I didn’t recommend it.
Jayco bunk beds have a 600 lb weight capacity. This is nearly double the competition! With 600 lb capacity on their double wide bunks you could fit three of me on there with no worries! But, thankfully, there is only one of me.
Jayco also uses a very strong 5/8″ tongue and groove plywood for their flooring and 3/8″ on their roofs. A lot of competitors use OSB or chipboard. Because Jayco doesn’t use formaldehyde you won’t have to deal with glue or chemical smells in your RV. Lots of little quality improvements like this add up to a big difference in your RV.
Jayco’s exclusive STRONGHOLD VBL (vacuum-bond lamination) wall construction process
uses a vacuum bonding machine to combine laminated fiberglass with welded aluminum framing. The machine creates 144 tons of even pressure across the entire wall panel for a total of 16 minutes to create a very efficient bond.
The walls are constructed of aluminum framing, metal backers, decorative wall panels, and fiberglass exterior siding.
This process makes the wall super durable, helps reduce weight, and reduces the chance of delamination.
Jayco’s warranty is unlike others! They cover your RV for two full camping seasons.
Jayco RVs include a 24 month warranty on towable campers and a 24,000 mile warranty for motorized RVs. This warranty lasts twice as long as the usual RV warranty. Plus Jayco offers a third year of structural protection.
Is the North Point Right for Me?
- Less expensive than a Pinnacle while including many of its best features.
- Jayco has a team of 60+ of the top RV engineers who strive to always be on the leading edge of the RV industry. In a North Point you’ll get almost every Jayco gadget and gizmo these engineers have developed, and you’ll get it at a lower cost than a Pinnacle.
- A tasteful color scheme: Inside and out, North Points stand out as an eye-catching trailer.
- Quality: Jayco RVs are known for high quality construction so you’ll spend less time in service centers and more time having fun!
- It’s pricey! North Point fifth wheels are beautiful and very eye-catching, but all the bells and whistles come at a higher price than Jayco’s Eagle HT and Eagle fifth wheels. If you like the North Point, but not the price, you can read this comparison of Jayco’s fifth wheel options. The Eagle has very similar options and is your next best, less-expensive option!
- Size: Most Luxury fifth wheels have a wider frame. The North Point is 96” wide while the Pinnacle is 102” wide. This means less living space inside the fifth wheel.
What Fifth Wheels are Like the Jayco North Point?
- Keystone Montana: The Keystone Montana is another popular fifth wheel. They have been around for a long time and have a huge customer base. If you don’t like what you see on a Pinnacle then, by all means, check out our Keystone inventory.
- Grand Design Solitude: is also a top-of-the-line luxury fifth wheel. Their very first product, the Solitude, has been one of the industry staples for luxury RVing. Grand Design RVs have top-notch construction quality and are known for excellent customer service after the sale.
With so many to choose from, picking the right luxury fifth wheel can be difficult. Now you know what makes the Jayco North Point a top of the line, luxury fifth wheel and can decide if it’s the right choice for you. With Jayco, you can rest assured that you have purchased a wonderful trailer!
Take your time to research the best fifth wheel for you. We know how important it is to have the information you need to pick your RV and we want you to have an excellent RV experience whether or not you buy from Bish’s RV.
When you’re ready to make a decision, Bish’s RV would love to have the opportunity to help you find your perfect RV. If you have any questions about the Jayco North Point, or if you’d like help choosing a different RV, reach out, we’re here to help!
Watch Josh take you through one of the North Point’s most popular floorplans!