There are so many options when it comes to fifth wheel RVs that it can be difficult to pick out the perfect one for you. If you’re considering a luxury fifth wheel then you have likely come across Grand Design Solitude, Keystone Montana, Keystone Alpine, Alliance Paradigms and probably even the Jayco Pinnacle. So many options!
I’ve been selling campers for years now and I’ve had several folks come into the dealership wanting x but they end up buying y. With so much to learn about RVs, it’s hard to know what you don’t know about each fifth wheel line.
I am here to provide a clear understanding of Jayco Pinnacle fifth wheels so you’ll know if Jayco Pinnacle is the right fifth wheel to jumpstart your RV adventures.
What is the Jayco Pinnacle?
The Jayco Pinnacle fifth wheel is Jayco’s highest line of Jayco’s towable RVs. The Pinnacle is an elegant display of craftsmanship and design.
How Much Does a Jayco Pinnacle Cost?
A new Jayco Pinnacle fifth wheel ranges from $84,000 – $190,000. A used Pinnacle ranges from around $20,000 – $115,000 depending on its age and condition.
What Features are Available for a Jayco Pinnacle?
Every Pinnacle Fifth Wheel comes with three packages: The customer value package, pinnacle luxury package, and 5-star handling package.
Customer Value Package includes:
- 2 AC units with 15,000btu—one with a heat pump in the living room. Both acs run on the Whisper Quiet air system which makes the AC units up to 40% quieter.
- The Keyed Alike System: All doors and locks use one key, so you’re not carrying around an oddly large keychain just for your RV.
- Rooftop/Side Solar Prep so you can link up a suitcase solar panel or add permanents on the roof.
- Refrigerator temp sensors connected to JAYCOMMAND can alert you through your phone if your fridge goes out!
- A homey RV isn’t homey without a KING SIZE bed. With a 72×80” bed you will feel right at home.
- Plus more!
Pinnacle Luxury Package includes:
- 6 point hydraulic auto leveling system.
- Central Vacuum System
- The JayCommand System: This allows you to control most of your RV (Slides, awnings, lights and temperature) from the tablet or your smartphone.
- Residential style features: Feel like you’re at home with a residential sized fridge, stove/oven, microwave and walk in shower. PLUS, you’ll have hard surface countertops, now you won’t even miss your home!
- And more!
5-Star Handling Package includes:
- 17.5” custom machined wheels paired with H rated Uniroyal tires make for a smooth riding coach.
- A smoother ride: MORryde rubber pin box reduces what people call ‘chucking and bucking’ when pulling down the road. Paired with the dexter axles, Nev-R-Adjust brakes, E-Z lube hubs, 4,000lb leaf springs, MORryde’s LRE-4000 rubberized suspension, wet bolt fasteners and bronze bushings . . . you are guaranteed to have a smooth riding coach going down the road!
- And more!
Jayco Pinnacle Options
Be sure you know which options you want on your RV before you buy it. Adding options from the factory is typically much less expensive than having your dealer or a service center add them on later.
Full body paint options:
- Overland II
- Overland IV
- Overland EXT
There are several options for the Pinnacle, but some options are only for certain model numbers. On the Pinnacle 36SSWS, for example, you have the option to have a front wardrobe instead of a front windshield and sofa lounge for an extra $30.
See Brochure for more details!
Jayco Pinnacle Floorplans
There are a total of 6 floorplans within the Jayco Pinnacle line. Consisting of 5 couples coaches and 1 bunkhouse.
Jayco Construction Quality
Jayco is known for the high quality construction of their RVs.
Jayco takes their frames a step further by using Custom frames. Each Jayco RV has its own custom-sized frame, eliminating modifying and welding that would otherwise compromise the foundation.
Jayco’s fifth wheel frames use more full-width outriggers in more locations than other manufacturers. These are spaced a minimum of 48” apart for better support of wall weight, creating an even stronger foundation for the RV.
Jayco’s Magnum truss roof system can hold up to 4500 lbs of pressure. This protects your RV from heavy snow loads, falling debris and trees, and makes it fully walkable for maintenance or even lounging out! Heck, you can even throw a party up there—but I didn’t recommend it.
Jayco bunk beds have a 600 lb weight capacity. This is nearly double the competition! With 600 lb capacity on their double wide bunks you could fit three of me on there with no worries! But, thankfully, there is only one of me.
Jayco also uses a very strong 5/8″ tongue and groove plywood for their flooring and 3/8″ on their roofs. A lot of competitors use OSB or chipboard. Because Jayco doesn’t use formaldehyde you won’t have to deal with glue or chemical smells in your RV. Lots of little quality improvements like this add up to a big difference in your RV.
Jayco’s exclusive STRONGHOLD VBL (vacuum-bond lamination) wall construction process
uses a vacuum bonding machine to combine laminated fiberglass with welded aluminum framing. The machine creates 144 tons of even pressure across the entire wall panel for a total of 16 minutes to create a very efficient bond.
The walls are constructed of aluminum framing, metal backers, decorative wall panels, and fiberglass exterior siding.
This process makes the wall super durable, helps reduce weight, and reduces the chance of delamination.
Jayco Pinnacle Interior Features
- LED fireplaces
- Hardwood finishes, solid surface countertops, residential stove/oven, residential fridge, 30” residential microwave
- 4k Smart LED TV
- Home entertainment system with subwoofer
- Bathroom with teak wood shower seat – 300lb weight capacity
- Cedar backed closet spaces
- King bed
- Drinking water system
- Day and night soft close shades
- Central vacuum system
Jayco Pinnacle Exterior Features
- 2 ACs, living room AC has a heat pump, prepped for 3rd
- 102” wide body
- 6pt hydraulic leveling system
- Extreme weather package adds 120v blankets and 12v line wraps
- MORryde entry steps with strut
- MORryde rubber pin box for a smoother ride
- Custom machined aluminum rims
- JayVoice: Talk to your fifth wheel and give it commands!
- JayCommand: BT service, control with your phone
- Solar Options:
- Overland II
- Overland IV
- Overland EXT
2+3 year warranty. The best warranty in the RV industry.
Jayco’s warranty is unlike others! They cover your RV for two full camping seasons.
Jayco RVs include a 24 month warranty on towable campers and a 24,000 mile warranty for motorized RVs. This warranty lasts twice as long as the usual RV warranty. Plus Jayco offers a third year of structural protection.
Is a Pinnacle Right for You?
- Jayco has a team of 60+ of the top RV engineers who strive to always be on the leading edge of the RV industry. Everything that Jayco engineers have created and Jayco offers is in the Pinnacle fifth wheel.
- The Pinnacle’s 102” body is a huge asset that provides more square footage so your quarters aren’t quite so cramped.
- It’s pricey! Pinnacle fifth wheels are beautiful and very eye-catching, but all the bells and whistles come at a higher price than their other fifth wheels. If you like the Pinnacle, but not the price, you can learn about Jayco’s other great fifth wheel options.
- Size: A Pinnacle’s size is an asset, but it’s also a drawback if you have a smaller truck, or want more options when it comes time to park the fifth wheel.
Looking for Fifth Wheels Like Jayco Pinnacle?
Try the Keystone Alpine or even the Montana are also popular units! They have been around for a long time and have a huge customer base. If you don’t like what you see on a Pinnacle then, by all means, check out our Keystone inventory.
If you’re looking for more RVs that feel like a 5-star hotel on wheels, you may also like the Alliance Paradigm. Every Paradigm comes standard with 3 acs, keeping you cool in the worst of conditions!
The Grand Design Solitude is also a top-of-the-line luxury fifth wheel. Their very first product, the Solitude, has been one of the industry staples for luxury RVing. Grand Design RV is one of the best RV manufacturers regarding customer service out after the sale.
With so many to choose from, picking the right luxury fifth wheel can be difficult. Now you know what makes the Jayco Pinnacle the top of its class and can decide if it’s the right choice for you. With Jayco, you can rest assured that you have purchased a wonderful trailer!
Take your time to research the best fifth wheel for you. We know how important it is to have the information you need to pick your RV and we want you to have an excellent RV experience whether or not you buy from Bish’s RV.
When you’re ready to make a decision, Bish’s RV would love to have the opportunity to help you find your perfect RV. If you have any questions about the Jayco Pinnacle, or if you’d like help choosing a different RV, reach out, we’re here to help!
Watch Josh’s video on a Pinnacle 32RLTS below!