Alliance Delta 281BH Travel Trailer – Luxury Family Camping
If most of the family bunk houses you like are fifth wheels, but you’re only set up to tow a travel trailer, you will definitely want to see the new bunk house travel trailer from Alliance RV.
Alliance RV is best known for their high-quality fifth wheels, like their Avenue and Paradigm fifth wheel brands. After numerous requests from the RV community, Alliance RV has finally brought their quality RV craftsmanship to a new line of travel trailers– Alliance Delta Travel Trailers.
Bish’s own Josh the RV nerd was granted special early access to see the Alliance Delta family bunk house travel trailer– and what he saw blew him away.
You have probably seen a floor plan like the Delta 281BH on other bunk house travel trailers, but what you haven’t seen is the way Alliance RV executed the construction. There are tons of high-quality features that stand out throughout the whole camper, like dual A/C and individual shut-off valves for every water fixture. That’s just to name a few — read on to find out more.
In this review we will take a deep dive into the Alliance Delta 281BH travel trailer, so you can decide if the Delta 281BH is the right travel trailer for your family.
This Alliance Delta 281BH Review will cover
- Delta 281BH Price Tag
- Overview and Specs
- Living Room
- Flooring and Ceiling
- Double-over-Double Bunk House
- Private Main Bedroom
- Electrical/Climate Control
- Exterior Features
- Towing the Delta 281BH
- How to buy a Delta 281BH
Delta 281BH Price Tag
Alliance Delta 281BH Travel Trailer Cost: Not Yet Released
At the time of this review, Alliance has not provided any information regarding the price for this travel trailer.
The Delta 281BH Bish’s was invited to review is a prototype. It is new and still in development, so pricing is not yet finalized. As soon as Alliance releases pricing information this article will be updated.
Delta 281BH Overview and Specs
Weights and Measures
- Hitch Weight: 721 lbs.
- Max Weight: 8,850 lbs.
- Empty Weight: 6,558 lbs
- Total length: 29’3”
- Height: Not yet Determined
- Body Width: 8’
- Fresh Water: 45 Gal
- Gray Water: 90 Gal
- Black Water: 45 Gal
- Solar: 200 W
- Awning: 21’
Highlights and Features
- Unique Pantry/Entertainment Center
- Tank Heaters, Heated Underbelly
- Standard Dual A/C
- True Queen-Sized Bed
- Carpetless and Ventless Floor
- Maximized Storage
- Good Year Tires, TPMS Prep
- Easy Extra Large Awning
Delta 281BH Points to Consider
- 2-Stage Travel Access Set-up
- No Bunk Cargo Door
Delta 281BH Living Room
The 281BH has a lot of living space. You and your guests will have plenty of lounging area and will not be cramped if you find yourself hanging out inside while camping. The dual A/C will make sure you don’t feel like you’re sitting in a sweat-box if it happens to be a hot day.
Two theater seats and the U-shaped dinette are in the slide-out, opening up the living space and offering a great view of the TV in the trailer’s entertainment system.
Delta 281BH Living Room Features
- Tri-Fold Hide-Away Bed
- (Optional) 2 Reclining Theater Seats- heated massage chairs with USB ports (Instead of Hide-Away)
- U-Shaped Dinette- Collapsible table; Dinette folds out into a bed. Spacious storage area beneath each seat. (Dinette is kind of small – seating for 2-3)
- Entertainment Center: Smart Television with built-in cabinetry and slide-out drawers. This is essentially big enough to be a pantry. One of our favorite BONUS FEATURES is the shoe storage garage beneath the entertainment system.
- Bluetooth Sound System (inside and outside)
- Plenty of easy access electrical outlets, USB ports and light switches
Delta 281BH Kitchen
If you like cooking while you’re camping, you’re going to appreciate the large kitchen area. The 281BH has a lot of great storage, including a slide-out trash can storage cabinet and a slide-out utensil organizer. The living area slide opens up the living space, so you don’t feel boxed-in when the rest of the family is in the camper while you’re cooking.
There’s also plenty of counter-space to prepare your meals, so multiple cooks can use the kitchen area at the same time.
Delta 281BH Kitchen Features
- Standard 16” Oven for baking and roasting
- 3-Burner Stove for heating multiple pots and pans
- Easy access Conventional Microwave
- Standard Refrigerator
- High-Rise Faucet
- Great Storage- Hardwood Cabinets and Drawers- the cabinets over the counter have shelves. With the added ceiling height this equates to lots of storage!
- Slide-Out Garbage Bin Storage
- Slide-Out Utensil Organizer
- Well-Placed Electrical Outlets for Appliances
Delta 281BH Flooring and Ceiling
Delta 281BH Flooring
The 281BH has vinyl flooring throughout the whole trailer. It does NOT have any carpet. This makes cleaning the floors an easy chore.
It’s also important to know the 281BH flooring is ventless. This makes keeping the carpletless floors clean even easier and keeps your vents clean too.
The slide-out is flushless, so you won’t be stubbing your toes on uneven flooring.
Delta 281BH Ceiling
The Ceiling height is 6’9”!
This is 3” taller than the industry standard ceiling height in travel trailers, and as a result, it adds an incredible amount of space for cabinet storage and shower height.
If you’re tall you will definitely appreciate the added height in this trailer.
Delta 281BH Bathroom
The Delta 262 Bathroom is not just a closet with a shower and toilet, you and your family have some nice space inside, including plenty of counter space.
Consistent with the rest of the 281BH, there is a lot of great storage space inside the bathroom, including the large medicine cabinet.
The shower height is impressive, so even the tallest of campers should be able to shower without bumping their head on the shower ceiling.
Delta 281BH Bathroom Features
- Foot-Flush Toilet with plenty of surrounding hip and shoulder room
- Tall Ceiling Shower with Skylight
- Huge Mirrored Medicine Cabinet with shelved storage
- Bathroom Sink with Storage large Cabinet Below
- Large Counter Space for bathroom necessities
Delta 281BH Double-Over-Double Bunk House
Two double bunks, each with their own lighting, electrical outlets and breeze-way window. This bunkhouse is located next to the entry door, so light sleepers may wake up as people come and go.
Delta 281BH Double-Over-Double Bunk House Features
- Easy access electrical outlets (both bunks)
- Easy access USB ports for tablets and iPads (both bunks)
- Individual Bunk lighting (both bunks)
- Breeze way windows for ventilation (both bunks)
- Sturdy ladder to access top bunk
Delta 281BH Private Bedroom
The front bedroom is definitely a standout feature of this travel trailer. With a full-size queen bed and dedicated bedroom air-conditioning, you will sleep comfortably when camping.
The 281BH bedroom has two access points — either through its own exterior entry door, or by the interior entryway, with a sliding door, which allows for some much needed privacy for mom and dad.
There is plenty of storage, including “hybrid” wardrobe cabinetry that has shelving you can take out if you want a longer area to hang clothes from the clothes rod inside.
Delta 281BH Private Bedroom Features
- Full-size Queen Bed: It has a large storage area beneath the bed.
- Dual Bed-Side Stands with dresser drawers and flip up storage area
- Over-Bed storage Shelf
- Dual Wardrobe Cabinets with Hanger Rod. Shelving is removable if you need more space for hanging clothes
- USB Ports for phones and charging stations
- Mounted Reading lights
- Dedicated Bedroom A/C
- Large Venting Windows
Delta 281BH Storage
Delta 281BH Interior Storage
The amount of storage space in the Delta 281BH is incredible. You could definitely pack up and go on extended trips and have room for everything you will need. You can never have too much storage!
- The Dinette and Entertainment System have large storage areas built in.
- The Kitchen has large storage cabinets and drawers, including beneath the oven.
- The bathroom has a large medicine cabinet, plus storage beneath the sink and counter space.
- The Private Bedroom has large wardrobe cabinets, dresser drawers and overhead shelving.
Delta 281BH Exterior Storage
The 281BH has 2 large outer storage areas.
- The front storage compartment is the best travel trailer pass-thru storage compartment that Josh the RV Nerd has seen. It’s huge and full of great features.
It has large baggage doors on each side and is a true “pass-through” storage area. That means the front storage area has tons of space and spans the entire width of the trailer.
But it’s more than just storage, it’s a “convenience center:
- It has motion-sensor lighting –
- Fitted slotting for folding 6’ utility table –
- Hot/Cold Mixable water valves
- Power Awning Control
- Slide-out Control
The Slide storage compartment offers more storage space for your family camping trips. Very smart use of space!
Delta 281BH Electrical/Climate Control
The Delta 281BH comes with dual A/C as a standard feature.
200 Watt Solar Package is also standard.
Delta 281BH Electrical Features
- 200W solar Package
- LED Interior Lighting
- LOTS of well-placed electrical Outlets
- Indoor Outdoor Sound System
- Solar Prepped on Roof
Delta 281BH Climate Control
- Dual Air Conditioning
- Adjustable Ceiling Vents
- Central Cold Air Dump with closable Vent
Delta 281BH Exterior Features
- Large Front Storage with dual baggage doors
- Slide Storage Compartment
- Large 21’ Power Awning with LED lighting
- Large Combo Grill/Griddle
- Heated Underbelly
- Exterior Speakers
- Hot/Cold Exterior Water Valves
- 18” Wide Heavy-Duty Ladder (300 lb. Rating)
Towing the Delta 281BH
The Alliance Delta 281BH can most likely be towed with a 1/2 ton truck. Truck ratings are different, so be sure to check the towing ratings of your towing vehicle before purchasing any camper.
One thing to note is, that unlike the couples 262RB version of this travel trailer, which does not have access to the main bedroom with the slide in travel mode, the 282BH does have access to the main bedroom. The bedroom entry door allows access to the private bedroom, so you are able to access to the whole interior while traveling.
For more information on camper towing, you can check out Josh the RV Nerds towing Guide.
How to buy a Alliance Delta 281BH
Currently the Delta 281BH is still in development and is available for pre-order.
You can find out more about the Delta 281BH trailers at the Alliance RV Delta Travel Trailer Website.
If you would like to see more Alliance RVs you can check them out online.
If you have questions about the new Alliance Travel Trailers, talk to one of our expert RV Outfitters
If you would like to see other travel trailers to compare to the Alliance Delta 281BH, you can see them here:
If you aren’t sure if you are ready to buy a Delta 281BH and would like to know more about travel trailers, check out these articles
Which is Better: Travel Trailer vs Fifth Wheel
Cost of a Travel Trailer in 2023
Bish’s RV Content Manager
Amateur adventurer; professional dreamer.