Go Play 26BHS $24,995 — Full Review
Josh the RV Nerd Reviews the Wayfinder RV Go Play 26BHS Family Travel Trailer.
There are a lot of family campers out there. The good ones usually cost an arm and a leg and the bad ones are either poorly made or don’t have the standard features anyone actually needs.
Finding a high-quality camper at an affordable price can be a struggle. You want the best value for your hard-earned dollars.
Allow me to introduce the Wayfinder RV Go Play 26BHS.
What is the Go Play 26BHS?
The Go Play 26BHS is a family camper meant to have all the standard features anyone would want or need when they’re out camping. It does not have every feature imaginable, so it might not have what everyone is looking for, but it does check a lot of the right boxes.
Inside the 26BHS you will find features like a private front bedroom for Mom and Dad, carpetless flooring, including a large carpetless slide, and double-over-double bunks in the rear.
This article will cover the good and the bad — and everything in-between — so you can decide if the Go Play 26BHS travel trailer is the right camper for your family.
This Wayfinder RV Go Play 26BHS Review will cover:
- Go Play 26BHS Price Tag
- Overview and Specs
- Living Room
- Flooring and Ceiling
- Double-over-double bunks
- Private Bedroom
- Electrical/Climate Control
- Exterior Features
- Towing the Go Play 26BHS
- Who is 26BHS Good Fit For?
- Pros and Cons
- RVs Similar to 26BHS
- How to Buy a Go Play 26BHS
Go Play 26BHS Price Tag
The Go Play 26BHS Cost: $24,995
If you know the Wayfinder RV origin story, you know the reason Bish’s RV decided to make campers is we want to be able to offer quality travel trailers at prices the average hard-working family can afford.
We noticed RV manufacturers could save a TON of money by eliminating advertising middlemen, simplifying options and streamlining the production process.
The Go Play Cost Story tells you all the money-saving techniques we were able to use without making any sacrificing quality construction or design.
Long story short- Go Play RVs save you 1,000s of dollars!
The Go Play line is currently very similar to Jayco-owned Highland Ridge conventional travel trailers. Why? Because Jayco helps us make them.
Despite the almost identical similarities in design and construction, the one big difference — the price tags. The Go Play 26BHS is priced much lower.
Go Play 26BHS Price Tag: $24,995
You can check out the available Go Play 26BHS Family Travel Trailers at Bishs.com.
For Price Comparisons, compare Go Play 26BHS to Similar Popular Travel Trailers:
Go Play 26BHS Overview and Specs
Weights and Measures
- Empty Weight: 5,730 lbs
- Cargo Rating: 1,770 lbs
- Max Weight: 6,500 lbs
- Hitch Weight: 705 lbs
- Total Length: 30’8”
- Height: 11’1”
- Body Width: 8’0”
- Ceiling 6’9”
- Fresh Water: 84 gal
- Gray Water: 32.5 gal
- Black Water: 32.5 gal
- Propane 60 lbs
Highlights and Features
- Private Bedroom
- Heated & Enclosed Belly
- Congoleum Linoleum Floors
- Carptetless, Flush-Floor Slide
- 6′ 9″ Taller Ceiling
- Bish’s Exclusive 72-hour Return Policy Guarantee
- 1/2 Ton Towing Size
Downsides to Consider
- Shorter “Camp” Queen Bed
- No optional upgrades available
Go Play 26BHS Living Room
When families go camping, they typically intend to spend their time playing outside. However, bad weather happens. It’s nice to have a home base that doesn’t make everyone feel like a bunch of crowded sardines packed into a tiny tin.
Go Play 26BHS Living Room Features
- LARGE Slide-out: This flush-floor slide-out really opens up the living area so the whole family has plenty of space to hang out together inside.
- Dinette (located in the Slide-out) for family meals and extra seating. Collapsible table; Dinette folds out into a bed. Spacious storage area beneath each seat.
- Jack Knife Sofa: This comfy sofa easily folds out into a bed when it’s time for lights out. It also has a big storage area beneath it.
- Entertainment Center with AM/FM Bluetooth Sound System (indoor AND outdoor speakers)
- Plenty of easy access outlets and USB ports
- Great Ambient Lighting: 10+ LED lights in living area
- Opposing Ventilation Windows: For refreshing cross airflow
Go Play 26BHS Kitchen
The 26BHS has a simple, straightforward kitchen. While it might not provide all the space you’re used to in your kitchen at home, it’s equipped with everything you need to prepare and cook large meals for your whole family.
Go Play 26BHS Kitchen Features
- Large oven for baking and roasting
- 3-Burner Stove with High output BUT front burner
- Range Hood for extra ventilation when cooking
- Standard easy-to-reach microwave oven
- 2-Way Refrigerator with adjustable thermostat
- High-Rise Faucet
- Great Storage- Hardwood Cabinets and Drawers with slide racks
- Well-Placed Electrical Outlets for Appliances
Go Play 26BHS Flooring and Ceiling
Go Play 26BHS Flooring
The 26BHS features Congoleum linoleum, which is a luxury vinyl flooring, throughout the whole trailer, including the slide-out. It does NOT have any carpet. This makes cleaning the floors an easy chore.
The slide-out has a flush-floor, so no stubbing your toe when walking around without shoes from uneven flooring.
Go Play 26BHS Ceiling
The Ceiling height is 6’9”! This is 3” taller than the industry standard height, and as a result, it adds an incredible amount of space for cabinet storage.
This increased ceiling height is great for all you tall campers out there who don’t want to have to wear a brain-bucket to protect your noggin.
Josh the RV Nerd is tall. The ceiling height was one of the reasons he put the Go Play 26BHS on his Nerd Preferred list.
Go Play 26BHS Bathroom
When RV makers are designing “budget” RVs, their bathrooms usually end up being “cheaper quality.”
Wayfinder RV made sure the Go Play 26BHS bathroom got the same detailed attention as the rest of the trailer. It’s got some great features.
Go Play 26BHS Bathroom Features
- Foot-Flush Toilet with plenty of surrounding hip and shoulder room
- Tub/Shower Combo with reinforced flooring
- Residential step-up into shower
- Tall Bathroom Ceiling, even in Shower
- Bathroom Sink with Storage Cabinet Below
- Large-Mirrored Medicine Cabinet
- Counter Space with spacious storage area below
- Power Vent Fan / Skylight
Go Play 26BHS Double-over-Double Bunks
A Bunk House Trailer wouldn’t be a bunk house without the bunks!
Go Play 26BHS Double-over-Double Bunk Features
- Two Double Bed Bunks (300 lb rating) Lots of storage beneath the bottom bunk.
- Electrical Outlets for each Bunk
- 12-Volt USB Port for each Bunk for tablets and ipads
- Wall-Mounted Phone Pocket for each Bunk
- Breeze-way window for additional ventilation
- Designated A/C for Bunk-Space
Go Play 26BHS Private Bedroom
The front bedroom is one of the best family camper features of the 26BHS. This master bedroom has a wall that separates it from the rest of the camper, so Mom and Dad can have some much-needed privacy.
26BHS Private Bedroom Features
- “Camp Size” Queen Bed: It’s a little shorter than a traditional Queen, but allows easy access throughout the entire Bedroom. It has a large storage area beneath the bed.
- Dual Bed-Side Stands: Lots of table space
- Over-Bed storage Shelf
- Dual Wardrobe Cabinets with Hanger Rods
- Wireless Phone Charging Pad
- Conveniently placed USB Ports
- Easy access Electrical outlets
- Large Venting Window
Go Play 26BHS Storage
Go Play 26BHS Interior Storage
The 26BHS does not have interior storage closets, but it’s added height and thoughtful design provide some great interior storage options.
- The Dinette and Jack Knife Sofa have storage areas beneath them
- The Entertainment Center has storage cabinets and drawers, plus overhead cabinets above it.
- The Kitchen has large storage cabinets and drawers
- The bathroom has a medicine cabinet, plus storage beneath the sink and counter space.
- The bottom rear bunk bed has a large storage area beneath it.
- The Private Bedroom has large wardrobe cabinets and overhead shelving
Go Play 26BHS Exterior Storage
While the 26BHS only has one exterior storage area, it’s big. This large storage compartment has baggage doors on both sides of the trailer. This is a true pass-through storage compartment, meaning it is one BIG storage area that spans the whole 8′ width of the trailer.
Go Play 26BHS Electric/Climate Control
One thing to know about the Go Play series— it has the Magnum Roof System, which means there is a hollow space between the ceiling and the roof. This allows for some easy wiring and electrical add-ons in the future.
As an added safety feature, the Magnum Roof System has a wide width so the the nail plates do not come in contact with wiring and wear through overtime causing short circuits….or fire.
26BHS Electrical Features
- LED Interior Lighting
- LOTS of well-placed electrical Outlets
- Dome-Style TV Antennae
- AM/FM Bluetooth Radio
- Indoor Outdoor Sound System
- Solar Prepped on Roof
- 1800 Inverter Prep
- Opposing Outlets in Master Bedroom inverter prepped
- TV Hookups inverter prepped
- Refrigerator inverter prepped
Go Play 26BHS Climate Control
- 13,500 BTU Air Conditioning (Central Duct System)
- 30,000 BTU Propane Furnace
- Adjustable Ceiling Vents
- The Magnum Roof System is fully insulated with a 4″ blanket giving it R11 r-rating.
- Central Cold Air Dump with Closable Vent
- Exterior walls are insulated with high-grade fiberglass insulation
Go Play 26BHS Exterior Features
- Large Front Storage with dual baggage doors
- Rear Outdoor Kitchen with Outdoor Refrigerator
- Power Awning with LED lighting
- Magnum Roofing System (fully insulated)
- Heated Underbelly
- Marine-Grade Exterior Speakers
- Centralized Docking Station: Water / Cable TV
Towing the Go Play 26BHS
The Go Play 26BHS has an empty weight of 5,730 lbs, and has a max weight of 6,500 lbs.
You should be able to tow this with a 1/2 ton truck, but every truck is different, so be sure to check your truck’s tow rating.
When calculating towing weight, it’s important to add the weight of EVERYTHING you will be carrying when figuring out your weight, including all the people that will be traveling with you while you’re towing the trailer.
Check out Josh the RV Nerd’s towing guide for more info on towing safely.
Who is the Go Play 26BHS a Good Fit For?
The Go Play 26BHS is a Good Fit For:
- Families looking for a mid-tier quality travel trailer
- Families looking to upgrade from a smaller RV to a larger travel trailer
- Families who value lower cost over extravagant luxury
The Go Play 26BHS is Not a Good Fit For:
- Families looking for a laminate-constructed travel trailer
- Families wanting a travel trailer with extra options and add-ons
- Families who value luxury and premium options over lower cost
Go Play 26BHS Pros and Cons
The Go Play has a lot of popular standard options, but a feature that is a “pro” for one family may be a “con” for another. Check out our list of PROS and CONS to see if the 26BHS is the right fit for your camping needs and preferences.
Go Play 26BHS PROS
- PRICE: For its size and features, the 26BHS is a clear contender for Value Champ of mid-tier travel trailers.
- SLIDE OUT: Adds significant space in living area
- SLEEP CAPACITY: Sleeps up to 10 people
- PRIVATE FRONT BEDROOM
- HEATED & ECLOSED UNDERBELLY: Protects plumbing and wiring from cold weather and Road debris.
- TALL CEILING HEIGHT
- CARPETLESS VINYL FLOORING
- EASY TO TOW: Shorter length allows easier maneuvering
Go Play 26BHS CONS
- NO EXTRA OPTIONS AVAILABLE: This includes colors and finishes.
(Options can be added after purchase, however.)
- ADDED WEIGHT: Wood frame and aluminum exterior walls plus slide-out add extra weight
- SHORT QUEEN BED: 6″ shorter than standard queen.
- DOUBLE BUNK PRIVACY: The bunks have no privacy curtains
- 2-WAY REFRIGERATOR: Does not stay powered on without hookup
- DINETTE TABLE: Bolted to Flooring
RVs Similar to the Go Play 26BHS
How to buy a Go Play 26BHS
The 26BHS is available nationwide, exclusively through Bish’s RV.
Only a limited number of Go Play 26BHS models were made to keep the price low.
Do you like the Go Play 26BHS camper, but would like to see a lower-cost family Bunk House travel trailer without the slide-out? Check out the Go Play 26BH!
You can also see and buy a Go Play 26BHS at these Bish’s RV Go Play Distribution Stores:
- Bish’s RV of Richmond, VA 804.279.8700
- Bish’s RV of Grand Rapids, MI 616.837.9768
- Bish’s RV of Salt Lake City, UT 801.936.1200
- Bish’s RV of American Fork, UT 801.492.1428
- Indianapolis, ID: NEW BISH’S STORE! Announcement coming soon!
Do you have questions about the Go Play 26BHS? Talk to a Go Play Expert.
Go Play RV Expert & Outfitter
If you aren’t sure if a travel trailer is for you, you can learn more about travel trailers with these articles:
Compare a Travel Trailer to a Fifth Wheel
What is the cost of a Travel Trailer in 2023?
Bish’s RV Content Manager
Amateur adventurer; professional dreamer.