There are so many options when it comes to fifth wheel RVs that it can be difficult to pick out the perfect one for you. If you’re considering a fifth wheel then you have more than likely come across Grand Design Reflection, Keystone Cougar, East to West Tandara, and probably even the Jayco Eagle HT. So many options!
I’ve been selling campers for years now and I’ve had several folks come into the dealership sure they want one fifth wheel who happily walk away with a different one that’s a better fit for them. With so much to learn about RVs, it’s hard to know what you don’t know about each fifth wheel line. We want to save you time and hassle by helping you decide what you need before you head to the dealership.
Here I’ll share what you need to know about Jayco Eagle HT fifth wheels so you can decide if one is the right fifth wheel to jumpstart your RV adventures.
What is the Jayco Eagle HT?
Jayco’s Eagle HT line aims to build lighter, lower profile fifth wheels. The HT means they’re meant to be towable by a half-ton truck. Be very careful before you tow this RV with a half-ton truck. Check your tow capacity and fifth wheel weight to ensure your truck can tow the fifth wheel with plenty of spare room for extra cargo.
The Eagle HT weighs less than an Eagle because it provides fewer standard options and features. Even still, Eagle HT is Jayco’s highest selling fifth wheel because of the amenities it offers at the lower price point. You’ll still have everything you need to do camping your way, just at a lower price.
Even at the lower price point, you can expect a classy, well designed interior. You’ll find a modern color scheme of black, white, gray, and blue accents inside a new Eagle HT.
How much does an Eagle HT Cost?
A new Jayco Eagle HT ranges from $44,500 – $110,000.
A used Eagle HT Ranges from $17,895 – $64,500, depending on its age and condition.
What Features are Available for a Jayco Eagle HT?
Every Eagle HT comes with three packages: The Customer Value package, Luxury package, and 4-star Handling package.
Customer Value Package includes:
- 15,000 BTU AC – Runs on the Whisper Quiet air system which makes the AC unit up to 40% quieter. Prepped for a 2nd AC.
- The Keyed Alike System: All doors and locks use one key, so you’re not carrying around an oddly large keychain just for your RV.
- Rooftop/Side solar prep so you can link up a suitcase solar panel or add permanents on the roof.
- Refrigerator temp sensors connected to JAYCOMMAND can alert you through your phone if your fridge goes out!
- Residential queen bed
- Rear 2” towing receiver
- Plus more!
Luxury Package includes:
- The Jaycommand system: This allows you to control most of your RV (Slides, awnings, lights with dimming and read temperatures) from the tablet or your smartphone.
- Electronic auto leveling
- Residential style features: Feel like you’re at home with a residential sized fridge!
- Washer and Dryer Prep
- Bamboo sink cover and strainer.
- And more!
4-Star Handling Package includes:
- Goodyear Endurance tires – rated up to 87 mph with a 6 year prorated warranty
- A smoother ride: Your Endurance tires are paired with Dexter axles, Nev-R-Adjust brakes, E-Z lube hubs, MORryde’s CRE-3000 rubberized suspension, wet bolt fasteners, bronze bushings, and shock absorber prep . . . you are going to have a smooth riding coach going down the road!
- And more!
See all the features of these packages.
Jayco Eagle HT Interior Features
- Hardwood finishes, residential fridge, stainless steel range w/ glass cover
- 32” Smart LED TV
- TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitor System)
- Queen bed
- Drinking water system
- Blackout roller shades
- Hidden Hinges
Jayco Eagle Exterior Features
- 15,000 BTU AC, prepped for 2nd
- 4pt electric auto leveling system
- Morryde entry steps with strut
- Morryde rubber pin box for a smoother ride
- Custom aluminum rims
- Jaycommand: BT service, control with your phone (Lights (dimmability), hvac, tank level readings, slides)
What Options Can I Add to a Jayco Eagle HT?
Be sure you know what options you want on your RV before you complete the purchase. Added options from the factory are typically much less expensive than having your dealer or a service center add them on later.
- Decor Options (American Craftsman, Modern Farmhouse)
- Solar Options: Overland II and Overland IV
- Extreme weather package (120 volt heat pads, holding and fresh tanks, 12v electric water line wrap, interior illuminated switch)
- Dry Camping package – This preps the camper for a propane generator and extra propane capacity
- Appliance options include
- 4 door gas/electric fridge
- 360 degree security kit with 7’’ monitor
- Dual pane windows
- Free standing table with a bench and 2 chairs rather than the standard free standing table, 2 storage chairs and 2 folding chairs.
- King sized mattress
See the Full Eagle HT Brochure
Eagle HT Floorplans
There are a total of 10 floorplan options within the Eagle HT line up. Consisting of 7 couple’s coaches and 3 bunk house floorplans.
Jayco Construction Quality
Jayco is known for the high-quality construction of their RVs.
Jayco takes their frames a step further by using Custom frames. Each Jayco RV has its own custom-sized frame, eliminating modifying and welding that would otherwise compromise the foundation.
Jayco’s fifth wheel frames use more full-width outriggers in more locations than other manufacturers. These are spaced a minimum of 48” apart for better support of wall weight, creating an even stronger foundation for the RV.
Jayco’s Magnum truss roof system can hold up to 4500 lbs of pressure. This protects your RV from heavy snow loads, falling debris and trees, and makes it fully walkable for maintenance or even lounging out! Heck, you can even throw a party up there—but I didn’t recommend it.
Jayco bunk beds have a 600 lb. weight capacity. This is nearly double the competition! With 600 lb. capacity on their double wide bunks you could fit three of me on there with no worries! But thankfully, there is only one of me.
Jayco also uses a very strong 5/8″ tongue and groove plywood for their flooring and 3/8″ on their roofs. A lot of competitors use OSB or chipboard. Jayco doesn’t use formaldehyde so you won’t have to deal with glue or chemical smells in your RV. Lots of little quality improvements like this add up to a big difference in your RV.
Jayco’s exclusive STRONGHOLD VBL (vacuum-bond lamination) wall construction process uses a vacuum bonding machine to combine laminated fiberglass with welded aluminum framing. The machine creates 144 tons of even pressure across the entire wall panel for a total of 16 minutes to create a very effective bond. This process makes the wall super durable, helps reduce weight, and reduces the chance of delamination.
The walls are constructed of aluminum framing, metal backers, decorative wall panels, and fiberglass exterior siding.
2+3 year warranty. The best warranty in the RV industry.
Jayco’s warranty is unlike the others! Jayco covers your new RV for two full camping seasons.
Jayco RVs include a 24 month warranty on towable campers and a 24,000 mile warranty for motorized RVs. This warranty lasts twice as long as the usual RV warranty. Plus Jayco still offers the third year of structural protection.
Is the Eagle HT Right For Me?
Eagle H/T Pros
Innovation: Jayco has a team of 60+ top RV engineers who strive to always be on the leading edge of the RV industry.
Price: Costs less than the Eagle with many of the same features
Weight: May not need a ¾ ton pickup to tow. Always check your tow rating and weight capacity of your tow vehicle before committing.
Eagle H/T Cons
Features: The Eagle HT doesn’t have all the features Jayco offers. To cut weight, Jayco eliminated some of the heavier decorative features from the Eagle. Things like solid surface countertops didn’t make the cut.
Leveling Technology: 4pt all electric leveling, rather than 6 point hydraulic leveling.
Size: The back of an Eagle HT slopes more abruptly. This makes the Eagle HT lighter, but also means the slide heights are shorter on these RVs.
Want to See Fifth Wheels like the Jayco Eagle HT?
- The Keystone Cougar HT is another popular, half-ton fifth wheel. They have been around for a long time and have a huge customer base. If you don’t like what you see in the Eagle HT then, by all means, check out our Keystone inventory.
- Grand Design Reflection fifth wheels are another super popular line. Grand Design RV is also considered one of the best RV manufacturers for quality and customer service after the sale.
- East to West Tandara has a tremendous interior design! Check them out if you really like the modern farmhouse style!
With so many to choose from, picking the right fifth wheel can be difficult. Now you know what the Jayco Eagle HT offers, so you can decide for yourself if it’s the right choice for you. With Jayco, you can rest assured that you have purchased a wonderful trailer!
Take your time to research the best fifth wheel for you. We know how important it is to have the information you need to pick your RV and we want you to have an excellent RV experience whether or not you buy from Bish’s RV.
When you’re ready to make a decision, Bish’s RV would love to have the opportunity to help you find your perfect RV. If you have any questions about the Jayco Eagle HT, or if you’d like help choosing a different RV, reach out, we’re here to help!
If you love Jayco, but the Eagle HT isn’t right for you, click to learn more about all of Jayco’s fifth wheel options.