By Aaron Brunson
How Much Does the 2024 Freedom Express 258BHS Travel Trailer Cost?
*We aim to provide the most up-to-date prices in our articles. The price above is as of 11/08/2023 from our Coldwater, Michigan location. Please note that our prices change regularly and may have changed since this post. Click to see the most up-to-date price.
Are you looking for a lighter travel trailer but don’t want to sacrifice a lot of the features that come in a heavier or larger model? We’re going to take a look at the new 2024 Freedom Express 258BHS today to find out if it could be a solution to that problem.
At Bish’s RV we know that not every RV is the right fit for every person. We love helping people find an RV that meets their needs whether that means staying within a budget or sticking to certain features.
Keep reading to find out if this Freedom Express is the best fit for you.
Table of Contents
- Floor Plan & Specs
- Living Area Features
- Kitchen Features
- Bedroom Features
- Bathroom Features
- Road Mode: Towing and Travel Access
- Exterior: Style and Function
- Potential Problem
- Compare RVs Like 2024 Freedom Express 258BHS
- How to Buy Your 2024 Freedom Express 258BHS
2024 Freedom Express 258BHS Floor Plan & Specs
Check out the new 2024 Freedom Express 258BHS floor plan!
Specifications and Measurements
|Specification||2024 Freedom Express 258BHS|
|Empty Weight (lbs)||6,070 lbs|
|Cargo Weight (lbs)||1,492 lbs|
|Max Weight (lbs)||7,600 lbs|
|Hitch Weight (lbs)||758 lbs|
|Height||11’ 1” lbs|
|Fresh Water Capacity (gal)||50 gallons|
|Gray Water Capacity (gal)||70 gallons|
|Black Water Capacity (gal)||35 gallons|
For more Coachmen models check out our review of their Catalina Expedition Series.
- Coachmen has installed a new Bluetooth speaker system in the ceiling which is tied to the TV making those movie nights even better.
- The entertainment center also has a lot of storage space.
- No floor vents, making this RV pet-friendly and easy to clean.
- The flooring is the same on the slide and main floor for a consistent look.
- The main floor and slide floors are flush, even with the slides on each side.
- Lights under the dining table:e useful for when it’s time for a midnight snack, preventing you from stumbling into things in the dark.
At the far end of the living area, you’ll see the two bunks with some blackout shades over the windows. These are perfect for young kids and come with a ladder.
Freedom Express has had complaints in the past that the interior decor was too dark. Do you think they’ve turned it around with the natural wood tones? Or do you think it could still improve?
Rather than add shelves, they’ve closed off the extra space behind the fridge – definitely a missed opportunity!
A stand out in the kitchen is the leaf attachment that extends the counter length and creates the perfect spot for a trashcan. There isn’t a ton of counter space as a whole, so this idea helps.
The kitchen itself is small but the setup makes sense with lots of cabinets overhead to store kitchen utensils.
There are also some cabinets under the sink.
- Large window at the head of the bed.
- Windows on both sides of the room give a cross breeze if you need it.
- The TV hookups are on the ceiling next to the wall opposite the bed.
- Hanging closets and drawers on both sides of the bed.
- Drawers at the base of the bed.
- Typical under-the-bed storage.
Space to Move:
- Josh the RV Nerd who is just over 6’ can stand comfortably in the shower without worrying about hitting his head.
- The toilet here has plenty of elbow room.
- The skylight here lets in a ton of light and gives you needed space in the shower.
- A shelf with a nice, connected hook setup for your towels.
- The medicine cabinet also opens up giving you even more storage space.
Road Mode: Towing and Travel Access
Once you pull the slides of this travel trailer in so you can hit the road you’re cut off from the bedroom and can’t open the fridge all the way. You can squeeze your way into the bathroom just in case of an emergency on the road though.
Check out this video to learn more about towing on the road:
Let’s break down some of the Freedom Express’s exterior features:
- Tongue-mounted spare tire for extra storage space
- Fully plumbed outdoor kitchen with a durable galvanized rolled steel countertop
- Utensil drawer for convenient outdoor cooking
- 250-pound ladder for easy access to the RV’s roof
- Awning for outdoor relaxation and protection
- Optional 200-watt solar package with a 30-amp controller for increased energy efficiency
- Wide stance stability axles for better control and reduced sway while towing
- Standard tire pressure monitoring system for added safety and peace of mind during your travels
A Potential Problem
- While there are a lot of storage options there are some missed opportunities to have extra storage, for example, the unused space behind the fridge.
- Because it was kept light, you don’t have all of the bells and whistles that you might see in other RVs.
Compare Other RVs to the 2024 Freedom Express 258BHS
|Specification||2024 Freedom Express 258BHS||Imagine 2400BH||Jay Feather 24BH|
|Empty Weight (lbs)||6,070 lbs||5,725 lbs||6,115 lbs|
|Cargo Weight (lbs)||1,492 lbs||↑ 2,125 lbs||↑ 1,385 lbs|
|Max Weight (lbs)||7,600 lbs||↓7,850 lbs||↓ 7,500 lbs|
|Hitch Weight (lbs)||758 lbs||↓ 505 lbs||↑ 740 lbs|
|Length||29′ 6″||↓ 28’ 11 ”||↓ 30’ 2”|
|Height||11’ 1” lbs||↑ 11′ 2”||↓ 10′ 09 ”|
|Width||unavailable||↑ 8’ 0”||↓ 8’ 0”|
|Fresh Water Capacity (gal)||50 gallons||↓ 52 gallons||↓ 55 gallons|
|Black Water Capacity (gal)||70 gallons||↓ 45 gallons||↓ 31 gallons|
|Gray Water Capacity||35 gallons||↓ 82 gallons||↓ 61 gallons|
Good Fit/Bad Fit
All things considered, this RV would be a good fit for someone who is looking for a lightweight travel trailer that is easy to haul.
On the other hand, this RV would not be a good fit for someone who needs a little more luxury during their outdoor adventures. It doesn’t have all of the bells and whistles that higher-end RVs might have.
Buy Your 2024 Freedom Express 258BHS
Well, what do you think? Does the Freedom Express 258BHS have all of the features that you need? Remember, it was kept light by intention which means it won’t have all of the bells and whistles that you might see in other RVs.
If you’re interested in learning more about this RV click the buttons below.
2024 Freedom Express 258BHS Travel Trailer Price
*We aim to provide the most up-to-date pricing in our articles. The quoted price above is as of 11/06/2023 from our Coldwater, Michigan Location. However, please note that our prices are constantly updated and may have changed since this post. Click to see the most up-to-date pricing.
At Bish’s RV we know that no one camper is perfect for every RVer. If this Freedom Express isn’t quite right for you, we’d love to help you find another option just right for you!
Looking for a better fit? Discover the top travel trailers in America